cc-au - [cc-au] Friday Remix fun

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jessica Coates <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: "cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "asia-commons AT googlegroups.com" <asia-commons AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: [cc-au] Friday Remix fun
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:28:55 +1000

As a bit of end of the week fun, I thought I'd highlight the amazing remix culture that's building up here in Australia around the ABC's user generated site, Pool. Thanks to the strong creative ethos, Pool is rapidly becoming the largest source of CC-licensed, reusable and remixable material in Australia.

From the Pool blog:

"Great to see the remixing & repurposing unfold in Pool. Zeb has used Ruben Kai Maher’s beautiful audio piece Snow in Cities and added visuals to make this video here.

Next layer, anyone?"

I whole-heartedly concur.

Jessica Coates
Project Manager
Creative Commons Clinic
Queensland University of Technology

ph: 07 3138 8301
fax: 07 3138 9395
email: j2.coates AT qut.edu.au

  • [cc-au] Friday Remix fun, Jessica Coates, 11/28/2008