cc-au - [Cc-au] Welcome and Moving Forward

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Brian Fitzgerald <bf.fitzgerald AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-au] Welcome and Moving Forward
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:27:05 +1000

Thank you Christiane for your introduction and opening the discussion list. Welcome to everyone.

We have just completed information sessions/launches in Sydney and Melbourne and anticipate that sessions will be held in Brisbane and Canberra during April.
Thanks to the Copyright Society of Australia, Blake Dawson Waldron Lawyers and the Intellectual Property Research Institute of Australia (IPRIA) for hosting and assisting.

There are a number of people and organisations in the Australian community that are keen to explore the use of Creative Commons licences. Through doing this we hope that a distributed body of creative content can be made available for many people to utilise.

To this end we need to move towards finalising the licence and allowing it to be employed. We would like to think we could do this over the next month and by mid to late April submit a licence for final approval. That means that we need to receive feedback in a timely fashion.

Please raise any issue that you think is relevant to the licence as drafted.

In particular feedback on the treatment of issues relating to: copyright terminology, exclusion of warranties, disclaimer of liability, moral rights and/or GST would be helpful in ensuring we have a workable licence.

Regards

Professor Brian Fitzgerald
Head of School of Law
Queensland University of Technology

2 George Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
email: bf.fitzgerald AT qut.edu.au
ph: 61 7 38642710
CRICOS No: 00213J

  • [Cc-au] Welcome and Moving Forward, Brian Fitzgerald, 03/25/2004