bluesky - Re: technical feedback

bluesky AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems

  • From: g'o'tz ohnesorge <gohnesorge AT lh-computertechnik.de>
  • To: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems <bluesky AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: technical feedback
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:34:37 +0200

Josh wrote:

> Since you all have taken such a keen interest in my license, patent, and
> political opinions, I wanted to let you all know that the business plan
> summary is now put together. www.mercuryfs.net/business_plan.htm Like most
> of my stuff, it's a rough draft.
>
> If you all thought my engineering was full of hot air, wait 'till you see

> the business plan. Oh, it's my best yet.
>
> - josh
>
> PS. I'll bother you guys again when I've got some code (1-2 years).

If you're trying to code clients and servers, take a look at
http://www.rebol.com . It's a 200 kByte scripting language that has most web
protocols already built in (like listening and talking to ports, http and ftp,
email, parsing, lists of objects handling, a compression format, binary and
text
data files, security levels, and bin hex and b64 encoding), and the basic
variants are free. Might save you some time and brain waste in the prototyping
phase. Hoping this didn't sound too much like spam or a programming language
religion flame war invitation.