b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:17 from Naḥal Ḥever: several issues

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jack Kilmon" <jkilmon AT historian.net>
  • To: "Dewayne Dulaney" <dewayne.dulaney AT gmail.com>, "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:17 from Naḥal Ḥever: several issues
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 22:42:42 -0500

Why paleo-Hebrew?  The script looks like a late Herodian style.  You can go to my website and download a TTF called “Habakkuk Scribal” which is very similar to this scrap.

Jack Kilmon
Houston, TX

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:42 PM

Thanks for the pdf. I look forward to reading it. Textual criticism has always been an interest of mine, especially when it impacts the meaning of the text.

Has anyone who has published on this topic done a transcript of the Hebrew into PaleoHebrew lettering to see what the variants look like?

Dewayne Dulaney