b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] To Bless and Pools ofWater

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Mohler <jonathan.mohler AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] To Bless and Pools ofWater
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 19:57:31 -0500

I thought I might throw in this quote from the NetBible notes regarding Egypt in the same sentence.

48 sn From Egypt. Because Que is also mentioned, some prefer to see in vv. 28-29 a reference to Mutsur. Que and Mutsur were located in Cilicia/Cappadocia (in modern southern Turkey). See HALOT 625 s.v. מִצְרַיִם.

Jonathan Mohler

Oh...that was an eye opener, I read a couple of other translations and the King James is the only one to say linen yarn.  Mmm, I wonder how on earth those 17th century geniuses arrived at that then?  Thankyou Michael.

Chris Watts
Ireland