b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] כבדי

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Mike Burke <michaelgburk AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>, "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] כבדי
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 22:18:54 -0700 (PDT)

In this case, there is no particular reference.

I'm merely interested in the word's range of meaning, and whether it's changed over time.

What I should have asked was whether this word (spelled exactly as written here כבדי ) means "impaired" in modern Hebrew, and whether it once meant "honored" in ancient Hebrew?

If you could answer that question, I'd appreciate it.

Michael Gerard Burke