b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Is the b-hebrew list slipping?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Is the b-hebrew list slipping?
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 08:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

    Karl,

    Your thoughtful response is correct, since the moderators here are
volunteers, and have a full, busy schedule of their own. Everybody is
grateful to them.

    I repeat the quote I used, witout the the author's name, becasue the
individuals involved are not the issue.:

     "...Aramaic appears to me to be but bastard Hebrew, and the genetic
> relationship between Hebrew and Arabic is a mystery, and so any
> search for a common ancestral language is, in my opinion, futile. I
> dismiss "Akkadian" and "Ugaritic" as they are but tentative
> languages, and of which I know nothing (and I don't think they are
> worth the effort to "study".) "

    Exactly as if somone states in an Astronomy list: The moon is made of
cottage cheese, and repeats the same in variations many times.

  Uri Hurwitz

.

I take it a step further—I don’t even read their postings, so spare myself
even of thinking about how wrong they are. That also spares me of the
thoughts of trying to correct them.

Too many strong egos, wanting to be correct? And to correct? How long would
they stay if no one but the moderators answered them, and the moderators
only to shut down threads where they are the only contributer?

> Karl W. Randolph.

  • [b-hebrew] Is the b-hebrew list slipping?, Uri Hurwitz, 05/12/2013