b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qeri and Ketiv

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: John Leake <jesleake AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qeri and Ketiv
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 09:51:07 +0100

I think I misunderstood C. D. Ginsburg a bit. The Masorah Gedolah is the set of notes at the bottom of the page of a Masoritic bible,
However, some scholars have written collections and concordances to the Masorah. Ginsburg himself gathered and collated Masoritic notes into four volumes in the late nineteenth century, and it's those I was thinking about (I'd assumed this to have been the traditional form). Anyway, have a look at his multi-volumes 'the Massorah'. I think it'll have what you're looking for, tho' it's not a tool I've ever used myself. Oh, the person who archived this has, it seems, packaged more than just the Massorah into the archive. Only four of the volumes actually form a part of that work.

John Leake

ان صاحب حياة هانئة لا يدونها انما يحياها
He who has a comfortable life doesn't write about it - he lives it