b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Samaritan Pentateuch

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Joseph Roberts <josephroberts3 AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Samaritan Pentateuch
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:07:01 -0700

Thank you for all the helpful responses!
Far be it from me to be afraid of learning a new script or alphabet! What my major concern was finding an authoritative text for the Samaritan Pentateuch. My area of study is not so much the Biblical Hebrew as it is The Hebrew Bible as it relates to the Greek Septuagint. So my major interest is the text in how it is different from the MT yet similar to the LXX. My understanding was that Von Gall's text was substandard because of it not taking into account newer manuscripts and how he chose readings of the Samaritan Pentateuch that were in line with the MT against readings that were unique.

--
Joseph Roberts ( UCC 1-308)