b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] SAD NEWS: Victor Avigdor Hurowitz (1948-2013)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jack Kilmon" <jkilmon AT historian.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] SAD NEWS: Victor Avigdor Hurowitz (1948-2013)
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 23:15:37 -0600

תנוח בשלום על משכבו

Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:57 PM

While we don't usually post this sort of news, in this case I think that an exception is in order:

Dispatches from Israel are conveying the incredibly sad news that Victor Avigdor Hurowitz died today, after a series of complications arising from struggles with a long term illness.

He was just too young and did not live to receive a Festschrift currently being prepared in his honor. His website is at <http://profiler.bgu.ac.il/frontoffice/ShowUser.aspx?id=373>.

As yet, I have not information about funeral arrangements.

Yigal Levin