b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Please crop your meassages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <Kirk AT GrovesCenter.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Please crop your meassages
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 07:44:31 -0500

On 12/28/2012 05:22 AM, Yigal Levin wrote:

Dear all,

A few minutes ago I manually approved a message that the system rejected because it exceeded the size that the system is set for. I approved the message just so that you could all see what I'm referring to. While it is convenient to keep the relevant parts of the previous post, please delete any material that is not needed.

This happens most frequently (and in this case as well) when you are receiving the daily digests and then "reply" to something within the digest. Typically, the email program will "quote" the entire digest.

If you are getting the digest, and wish to respond to something, best practice is to (1) start a *new* email message to the list, instead of "replying"; (2) copy and paste the relevant portion to the new message; (3) use the subject line of the cited portion of the digest; do NOT use the digest's subject line!

If you are an active contributor to b-hebrew, experience has shown that getting the digest is not as effective as getting each b-hebrew post separately.

Trust me. :-)
--
Blessings,
Kirk