b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 8:6

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Michael Abernathy <mabernathy AT conwaycorp.net>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 8:6
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:55:10 -0700

Michael:

While there is a case saying that חסר “lack” is a loss of what was there before, Genesis 8:3, there are many more verses in the negative saying “you didn’t lack…” in situations where one was expected to lack. i.e. not have. So it looks like it goes both ways.

The MT has “made him lack little from God, you crown him with honor and grandeur.” which he to be expected since man is created, not creator.

  ותחסרהו מעט מאלהים    וכבוד והדר תעטרהו

Are there any Hebrew texts that have “angels” instead of “God”?

Karl W. Randolph.