b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] skies in plural? (Rolf's response 4)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: TedBro AT aol.com
  • To: ishinan AT comcast.net, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] skies in plural? (Rolf's response 4)
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 23:36:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Rolf:

attributes the existence of heaven and earth to the word and acts of God.
But the description of the created world includes only the visible creation,
right? There is no speculation about the abode of God, of the angels or of
any material phenomena that are beyond simple human perception.

So to bring this down to the RQY(.... it seems to me that the many
descriptions of the "firmament", "sky" etc, can best be understood as
observational (it looks different at different times) rather than an attempt
at a
comprehensive cosmology (necessitating that it changes from one substance to
another substance at different times).

Peace,
Ted

In a message dated 9/10/2012 3:48:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,