b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] ] A VISUAL EXPRESSION OF A THEOLOGICAL IDEA OF THESKY/HEAVEN ( Rolf's Response7)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ishnian" <ishinan AT comcast.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] ] A VISUAL EXPRESSION OF A THEOLOGICAL IDEA OF THESKY/HEAVEN ( Rolf's Response7)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 15:59:41 -0500

Dear George,

I will of course obey the words of you, as one of the moderators of b-hebrew.

But your words in reality imply in censorship of the list-members: those who
do not share the view of most scholars, that the account of Genesis 1 and 2
is mythical, are not allowed to express themselves fully; they ar not allowed
to use the SCHOLARLY arguments they want. This means that a free discussion
is not allowed (in "free discussion" I do not include theological discussion).

The consequence of your words can be illustrated in the following way: If I
quote Job 26:7 ""He...hangs the earth upon nothing," I am not allowed to say
that these words accord with modern science, because modern science has shown
that there is nothing below the earth that holds it up.

I have been a member of b-hebrew since the last part of the 1990s, and while
theological discussions have not been accepted, I have never seen this kind
of censorship before.

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
Stavern
Norway

Torsdag 6. September 2012 14:21 CEST skrev George Athas