b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:21­27

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:21­27
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 14:53:16 -0700

George:

Yes, I notice that you agree with me that there is nothing from the
language that says that the seven sevens and the 62 sevens had to be
consecutive. In other words, both time periods could have started at the
same date. Personally I think it fits both linguistics and history better
so read.

But much of the rest of your analysis stretches credulity except among
those who teach Documentary Hypothesis. There is no reason from linguistics
and history to assume that the final seven years to be connected with
Antiochus Epiphanes, and much to argue against such an assumption.

Karl W. Randolph.