b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The Confusion of Hebrew Numbers

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sesamo m. <sesamox AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The Confusion of Hebrew Numbers
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:30:04 +0200

Thanks a lot for your opinions.
It's hard or maybe impossible to know the truth, but I'd like to know the
plausibility of certain possible explanations.
Perhaps the most difficult figure for me to accept is that of the 27,000 men
who died when the wall of Aphek fell upon them. Just picture the scene.
Also, another figure hard to accept is that of the invasion by Zerah the
Ethiopian and his million soldiers. However, a huge and frightening invasion
of just one thousand soldiers doesn't seem to fit neither. Unless we could
contemplate the possibility of one thousand military units with an undefined
number of soldiers.

Sergio Saavedra (Spain)