b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Job opening

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Spinti <jspinti AT eisenbrauns.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Job opening
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 10:52:21 -0400

This posting was approved by the B-Hebrew moderators

Marketing Director / Acquisitions Editor
June, 2012

Eisenbrauns is accepting applications for a position that combines marketing
and manuscript acquisitions. The Marketing Director role is responsible for
promoting all aspects of the Eisenbrauns book publishing and distribution
divisions, including electronic, catalog, social media, and convention
marketing. The Acquisitions Editor role assists in the evaluation of
materials for publication and in setting the direction of our publishing
program. These two functions are distinct but are, because of the size of the
company, closely related.

James Spinti, our long-time Marketing Director, leaves Eisenbrauns at the end
of June in order to live near family in northern Minnesota. Eisenbrauns is
therefore looking for a person who can provide some of the services that the
current Marketing Director maintains but who also will assist the Publisher
in development of the company's Publishing Division, primarily through
acquisitions of manuscripts for publication.

The successful applicant will
• Need to relocate to Winona Lake/Warsaw, Indiana;
• Have a strong background in ancient Near East and/or Hebrew Bible
(Ph.D. or near-Ph.D. status preferred);
• Enjoy working in a small-company context;
• Be a word-smith who enjoys language, editing, and good writing;
• Benefit from prior knowledge of modern publication (print and
electronic) technology.

To apply for this position, send your indication of interest and resumé/C.V.
to publisher AT eisenbrauns.com, with the subject of your e-mail "Application
for Position."

You can also find this notice posted on our web site at
http://www.eisenbrauns.com/pages/JOBS

James
James Spinti
Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com
Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
Fax: 574-269-6788

  • [b-hebrew] Job opening, James Spinti, 06/03/2012