b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Jer 1:5 K-Q question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <davidlwashburn AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Jer 1:5 K-Q question
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 09:27:12 -0700

While poking about in the first verses of Jeremiah, I came upon a Qere that
I'm having trouble making sense of. The Ketiv is
)CWRK, while the Qere is )CRK. I have to wonder if the scribes are
suggesting a different word than YCR here, or if it's just a spelling
(plene) issue. My library suffers from a remarkable paucity of things like
commentaries, so can you folks help out? If the Qere is a different
word/root, I can't seem to figure out what it is. And if it's just a matter
of plene spelling, I wonder why they thought it merited a marginal note.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

--
Dave Washburn

Check out my Internet show: http://www.irvingsplace.us