b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Psa 1,1f

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <davidlwashburn AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Psa 1,1f
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:20:12 -0700

I would narrow this down to say that, yes, it's biblical Hebrew, and yes,
there are discernible syntactic patterns to biblical Hebrew. But we
shouldn't spend too much time trying to explain "exceptions" if they appear
in poetry, because poetry in all languages I've ever looked at (12 or so)
will often produce "exceptions" deliberately.