b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] mishnaic hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] mishnaic hebrew
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 07:58:35 -0800

Randall:

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>wrote:

> > Randall:
> >
> > Before we go further, you need to define which books you count as
> preexilic,
> > and those you count as postexilic, and why?
> >
> > Karl W. Randolph.
>
> Go right ahead and make your own list. There will be a few disagreements,
> e.g. you think that the Bible demands that Qohelet is FirstTemple, I don't
> and
> I don't date it FirstTemple. But there are plenty of agreed SecondTemple
> books like Zexarya, Mlaxi, Haggai, NeHemya, `ezra, Divre-ha-yamim,
> DSS, BenSira.
>
> Since when are the non-Biblical Hebrew DSS and Ben Sira Biblical books?

I’m discussing the patterns noticed within the Biblical books.

Your claim is different, therefore you are looking at different books:
which Biblical books do you date post-Babylonian Exile? Already when I
first mentioned that I noticed this pattern, I included the observation
that those who have a different view of Bible would not notice that
pattern. That you do not notice that pattern makes me question which books
do you recognize as being post-Babylonian Exile? Your list above indicates
some of them. A complete list would be helpful. And why?