b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] the last hurrian

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] the last hurrian
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:44:58 -0700

Nir:

The only reason Jim got off into his Hurrian phase is because he came to us,
not to learn and discuss Hebrew, but because he wanted us to provide him
with linguistic evidence to back up his quasi-historical theories, and we
didn’t do that. Instead what we said is that all the evidence we have from
the Hebrew language and text contradicts his theories. So now he claims that
our Hebrew evidence against his theories doesn’t count because that all is
Hurrian.

I stopped reading his posts because he makes the claim that by denying the
accuracy of the Hebrew text, he thereby establishes its historical accuracy.
Does that make sense to anyone else on this list?

How long do you think he would last on this list if everyone of us agreed
never to respond to any of his posts again? Not even once?

Karl W. Randolph.