b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] kalebh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kolinsky <yishalom AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] kalebh
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:28:42 -0700 (PDT)

Isaac,
KPR literally means "to cover or surround"
KPIR,
'lion', actually "cub" literally means "the pouncer, one who covers over
something"
KPOR, 'frost', covers the ground

both the sting of the CIRAAH, 'hornet', and CARAAT, 'leprosy', afflcit the
NARROW ASPECT OF THE SKIN

BOTH DBORAH, 'bee', has
nothing to do with DIBUR, 'speech', are related to DBB to murmur

both NAXA$, 'snake',and 'NIXU$, 'divination', are derived from XW$ to feel,
experience

both $UAL, 'fox',  and MI$OL, 'path'. are derived from $W( = to smooth

as for:
CIPOR, 'bird', has nothing to do with CPIR, 'goat',
I do not at this time see any connection

David Kolinsky
Monterey, CA