b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] How do you teach the introduction to Biblical Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "rahel halabe" <rahel AT telus.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] How do you teach the introduction to Biblical Hebrew?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 21:07:31 -0700

Shalom,

I would like to introduce my newly self publised textbook to subscribers of
b-hebrew mailing list, especially those among you who teach the introductory
course of Biblical Hebrew. Below you will find a short description of
Hinneh - Biblical Hebrew the Practical Way with a link to more details,
examples, articles justifying the textbook pedagogy, my bio and more.

In my textbook I am offerring a different approach, but will certainly
appreciate any feedback and discussion concerning the ways in which the
introduction to Biblical Hebrew is and should be taught in academia and
other frameworks.

Rahel
The complete

<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Biblical
%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Read%20more%20about%20Hinneh.htm> הִנֵּה Hinneh

Biblical Hebrew the Practical Way

by Rahel Halabe

א Volume I 470 pages

ב Volume II 281 pages

The Tool Box 138 pages

<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Biblical
%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Read%20more%20about%20Hinneh.htm> הִנֵּה Hinneh is
a text and workbook that offers an innovative program for the introduction
of Biblical Hebrew.

<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Biblical
%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Read%20more%20about%20Hinneh.htm> הִנֵּה Hinneh has
been tested in both academic and non-academic frameworks.

Many university instructors, as well as teachers in non-academic courses
have been long searching for a textbook which is not too scholarly,
linguistically oriented and difficult (e.g. Lambdin, Kittel, Seow, Futato
and others), and at the same time, not too
<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Biblical
%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Read%20more%20about%20Hinneh.htm> simplistic (e.g.
The First Hebrew Primer published by EKS) .

<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Biblical
%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Read%20more%20about%20Hinneh.htm> הִנֵּה Hinneh
provides a rigorous, but non-intimidating and meaningful learning experience

<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Biblical
%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Read%20more%20about%20Hinneh.htm> הִנֵּה Hinneh
imparts the most efficient and effective skills and tools that allow
students to access much of the Biblical text early on.

<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Biblical
%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Read%20more%20about%20Hinneh.htm> הִנֵּה Hinneh
offers students the most frequently used vocabulary, basic grammar, and much
reading and translation practice of actual Biblical passages.

<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Biblical
%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Read%20more%20about%20Hinneh.htm> הִנֵּה Hinneh
works well for students of different levels: those who can only read Hebrew
(without comprehension) and are about to start their Hebrew journey, and
those who have had previous exposure to either Modern or Classical Hebrew
and want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the Biblical text.

Rabbis in their congregations, as well as teachers of Jewish elementary and
high schools will also find
<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Biblical
%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Read%20more%20about%20Hinneh.htm> הִנֵּה Hinneh
serving them as an excellent reference book, a helpful addition to their
library.

For more information:
<http://www.hebrew-with-halabe.com/Biblical%20Hebrew/About%20Hinneh/Learn%20
about%20Hinneh.htm>