b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 5th century BCE to 3rd century CE sociolinguistics minor point bre-

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kimmo Huovila <kimmo.huovila AT kolumbus.fi>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 5th century BCE to 3rd century CE sociolinguistics minor point bre-
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 20:03:31 +0300

Karl,

If I remember correctly, you argue on the basis of internal evidence that 2nd
temple period Hebrew texts in the Tanakh were not written by native speakers.
Here you claim that we don't have enough data to say what is a mistake
(instead of a native form) in Aramaic. Have I got this right so far?

Would you like to elaborate on the methodological questions here. Somehow I
miss how you can make the claim about Aramaic and maintain the claim about
Hebrew with a consistent methodology.

What is it that I miss?

Kimmo Huovila