b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 100, Issue 19

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 100, Issue 19
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:11:53 -0200

pere,

number 1 is just an "irregular" subcase of number 3. you have other
irregular subcases, where a regular 3-letter verb is not there before the
suffix:

CARWT, QALWT, ROMEMWT, BLWT, $BWT, ZAKWT, R:)WT,
RE(WT, GASWT, GE)WT, R:BWT, LAXWT, (EDUT, L:ZWT, DALWT CAXWT, BRY)WT,
M:LEWT, PZYZWT, $A)ANANWT, TMYMWT, MEZY)WT, YE$WT, KLYLWT, QLILWT,

i would conjecture that the niqud partially
hints at the binyan. in numbr 1 we have:

PIEL: $:TWT, D:MWT, K:SUT

NIFAL: LE)WT, P:DUT, R:)WT (though here maybe it is QAL)
i dont know to classify N:KhWT. i would conjecture root HKH in nifal.

QAL: GFLWT, BFXUT, )FLWT, TA(WT,

HIFIL: KA$YUT(?)

nir cohen