b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] gen. 25 (tam?)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: jimstinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] gen. 25 (tam?)
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 06:26:33 -0700

Jim:

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 5:19 AM, <jimstinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> Rev. Bryant J. Williams III:
>
> 1. You wrote: “For you to say there were no oak trees in Hebron is
> directly contradict the text that repeatedly says so in several different
> contexts.”
>
> Yes, magnificent oak trees

Where in Genesis does it say that they were "magnificent" oak trees? That is
something that you made up. They could have been the dry land oak trees,
like what grow in the deserts of the American South West. I have mentioned
them a few times, when will you learn?

> QRYT )RB( is a Patriarchal nickname for the historical city of Rubutu

There is no where in the text that can support this idea. How can you expect
us to agree with you that the patriarchal narratives are historical, when
you yourself treat it as fiction?