b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ishmael's "Wilderness of Paran"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <JimStinehart AT aol.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ishmael's "Wilderness of Paran"
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:17:27 -0800

Dear Jim,

Might I remind you that "wilderness" does not necessarily mean "a tree
forest"?
The "wilderness in ancient Israel and Canaan were also vast areas of desert
with
small shrubs, rock formations, etc. It would be real easy for some one to not
see a well in the near vicinity if it is hidden be a rock formation. In fact,
the American West and Southwest has large areas where hidden tanks of water,
tinajas, existed, but one had to know where they were. One could easily miss
the
tinajas if one did not look for the signs. Hagar would not have known the
signs.
The rest of your post has so many a priori assumptions that your arguments are
illogical.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III