b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] fred on "beer"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] fred on "beer"
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 22:52:54 -0600

Hello Nir:

1. פרש or strong's numbers 6567, 6569, and 6571 could find commonality in
the root meaning "to spread out" (c.f., פשה , strong's 6581; and פוש
strong's 6335);

a. words spread out to make plain or distinct;

b. fecal matter spreads out by cattle excreted;

c. riders of horses spread their legs.

2. I am not trying to put three meanings of "explain" in one bag. Rather, i
am suggesting, that deuteronomy 1:5; 4:1-2; 12:32; 17:8-11; 31:24-26 ....;
read together, yield the following conclusions reasonable:

a. the entire scroll of deuteronomy represents a complete and
finished statutory code;

b. the government judges were expected to apply only this legal code to
future & specific factual disputes, and issue rulings;

c. the "b" rulings would never be reduced to writing, in contradistinction
to "a," ... and so as to avoid competition with "a;"

d. whether "a" also includes "repetition," "interpretation,"
"justification," "background," "meaning," "new rules," etc., becomes quite
irrelevant to the judges. Why? Because "a," represents the sole, exclusive
and only source of the law for the judges to apply in deciding all future
factual disputes.

regards,

fred burlingame

p.s. ... i would comment on the title of this thread; but i don't think
humor allowed here ...