b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] the dead returns

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Jack Kilmon <jkilmon AT historian.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] the dead returns
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:12:17 -0600

the language recorded in 870 a.d., מצרים implies the language spoken in 70
a.d., ישראל?

that sounds like a reasonable inference ... not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairo_Geniza

hebrews speaking english in jerusalem, arkansas, 2010, does not imply
hebrews speaking english in ארץ ישראל in 2010.

regards,

fred burlingame