b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Pr 21:30 - ("CFH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Pr 21:30 - ("CFH
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:40:48 -0800 (PST)

Dear Pere,

Whoever wrote (ACFTFYIK in Is 47:13 simply made a mistake.

Another remote possibility is that the word, the way it is preserved, is a
corruption of another earlier one, now lost.

As you know, at a certain point in time not only the consonantal text, but
also the vocalization, cantillation and punctuation marks which were added to
it centuries later - all became part of a holy canon, not to be tempered with.

Many such 'abnormalities' were noted, and marked in the text but not
changed.

BTW, the term "(construct)" which you added has nothing to do with
declension in this case.

Best,

Uri Hurwitz Great Neck, NY

Pere Porta asked:
In Is 47:13 we find noun (ACFTFYIK, your counsels (of a female).
I do not understand why and how the plural (construct) of noun ("CFH,
counsel (Pr 21:30) takes a qamats in letter tsade and not a holam.

Is this something usual (in the Bible) for this noun type? Is it an
anomalous behaviour?

And if this is a quite anomalous behaviour.... how can we distingish the
normal from the anomalous?

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)