b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Can YHWH at Genesis 3:14 [ in Codex L. ] be "correctly"read as"Yehowah"? [ RE-TITLED MESSAGE]

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Can YHWH at Genesis 3:14 [ in Codex L. ] be "correctly"read as"Yehowah"? [ RE-TITLED MESSAGE]
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:38:32 +0300

Yitzhak,

So, since יְיָ is a common representation of the Tetragrammaton in
some religious literature, the vowels of this shortened form were
imported into the Leningrad Codex? That would indeed make sense, but I
hadn't seen that explanation before I read this message (I've been
kinda ignoring some of the messages in these threads and have filtered
Dave's e-mail to the delete bin, so I must have overlooked it). Thanks
a lot, Yitzhak.

Jason Hare
Rehovot