b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Inseparable Prepositions and that shewa

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Inseparable Prepositions and that shewa
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:56:25 +0300

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Vadim Cherny wrote:
> Though not attested, there's no doubt about the absence of dagesh kal
> in bitechem.
> Binchem has no gemination; what except intonational difference in
> chanting can explain its difference from michtav?
> Speaking of gemination, no nun in gav, yet gabcha. What we see here is
> kal rather than hazak. The Masoretes used kal to forcibly syllabify:
> bi-.nchem, ga-.bcha.

"Binchem" is not attested at all. Vadim, you are inventing words to justify
your theories, which have no basis at all, and which directly contradict
things
that the Masoretes themselves wrote. I am therefore asking you to please
quote a verse for every word you use. In any case, the word "$imkhem" is
attested and has the exact same syllabification as mikht@v. I have no idea
what word you mean by gabcha so again, please quote a verse for the
examples you bring up.

Yitzhak Sapir