b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] transcribed Dead Sea Scrolls

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Isaac Fried'" <if AT math.bu.edu>, "'Hebrew List'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: 'Hebrew List' <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] transcribed Dead Sea Scrolls
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 20:15:18 -0500

Isaac,
The entire Isaiah scroll is at these 2 places:

http://www.ao.net/~fmoeller/qumdir.htm
http://www.imj.org.il/shrine_center/Isaiah_Scrolling/index.html

These are not transcribed into Hebrew square letters, but the bottom link,
which is very high res, is quite readable.
I use the 1st link first because Fred Miller has it all identified by verse.
If I can't discern the letters, then I go to the 2nd link using the column
and row from Fred Miller's site.

There are some Bible programs that have the DSS Hebrew text, but I haven't
seen them for myself.

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit