b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hoffmeier into the Fray

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hoffmeier into the Fray
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:11:13 +0200

It is possible. But the evidence I've seen seems to show that there are
clearly periods when Egypt's Kings were called exactly that and later became
known as Pharaoh. This would seem to have its implications. Of course though
you are undoubtedly right. The author's concern is not in identifying the
Pharaoh. This is a non issue. It equally struck me as interesting that later
on Edom's King is also not named.

James Christian