b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Proposed definition for "Tense" in BH (Joseph Justiss)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Joseph Justiss <jljustiss AT msn.com>
  • To: biblical hebrew list <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Proposed definition for "Tense" in BH (Joseph Justiss)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:14:43 -0600

George

They are not the same morphologically nor functionally. One has a waw and one
doesn't. I take the position that the waw is more than a prefixed
conjunction. It is an actual part of the verb's morphology. Help me also
with some examples of weQatal that do not imply actions to be done subsequent
to the piece of discourse in which they are found. I need one from a
discourse or piece of direct speech which is a part of a narrative text. I'm
not saying none exist. I would just like to wrestle with some.

Thanks

Joe Justiss

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/