b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Reflection on Randall's Statement

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Reflection on Randall's Statement
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 01:45:46 +0200

As I suspected. You don't actually know of any evidence do you? You just
read a few comparative linguistic papers and accepted the concensus to be
true. If you had looked into it you would find that the whole argument is
circular.

Your repetition of the theory of Akkadian phonemes doesn't add anything of
value to the discussion. Nor does copying and pasting a quick reference that
provides just as much evidence as you have (i.e. none). May I suggest you
yourself read up on the <cough>evidence<end cough> for Akkadian phonemes and
then come back to use when you realise that the whole framework you are
resting your judgements on is circular (i.e. not of the form of logical
basis an objective discussion requires).

Once you've realised this. Then we can move on from wasting breath relying
on this dodgy framework.

James Christian