b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] lord or my lord

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] lord or my lord
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:28:10 +0000

I think scholars should tell their religious or anti-religious beliefs in a
footnote, so people can know if their translations or explanations of quotes
in the Hebrew Bible are affected by their beliefs. I have seen many scholars
explain quotes in a way that fits their religiuos beliefs, and I am supposed
to think that this is just a coincidence. Until I know what Yigal Levin and
other scholars' particular religious beliefs are (Orthodox Jewish, Reform, or
whatever), I can't trust what he or any other scholar on B-Hebrew says. All
human beings are biased, but scholars claim to be unbiased, and I don't
believe them.

Kenneth Greifer

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/