b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] update to the neo-Paleo standard (interesting for all Hebraists)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Richard Green <richardgg AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <ted AT reactor-core.org>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] update to the neo-Paleo standard (interesting for all Hebraists)
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 15:03:27 +1300

HI
I was teaching someone is Synagogue Hebrew letters and they said
I kept pronoucing 'h' wrong and many other letters 'h' and 'y' was
really 'e'. She (http://yehspace.ning.com/) said that i was using
modern letters and square script was not right according to
'http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/' Jeff Brenner. I noticed the link on
your page. http://reactor-core.org/
Even Today all i could see was
she had mixed up Paleo Greek pronunciation over Hebrew and was thinking
they was both pronounced the same.

I was told as a child
square script was not modern it is at least a few thousand years old,
Paleo does not have many Torah scrolls on earth, i personally have
never seen one complete scroll. Also thet Greek paleo and Hebrew paleo
are pronounced diffrent.
Have I got any of this wrong?
Richard