b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] TQWH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred putnam <fred.putnam AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] TQWH
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:14:21 -0400

Friends,

This may not be "on-list", so please feel free to respond individually.

A former student asked me why the word TQWH is spelled with two *waw*'s in
Modern Hebrew. It is spelled with both one and two in Mishnaic, according to
Jastrow (p. 1689).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Fred

"We are not yet what we already are" (J. Pieper).

215-393-9683 (home)
www.fredputnam.org (website)

Frederic Clarke Putnam | Professor of Biblical Studies
Philadelphia Biblical University | 200 Manor Avenue | Langhorne, PA
19047-2990
http://pbu.edu | 1215-702-4502 | Fax: 1-215-702-4533

 Before printing this email, think green!