b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Shanah Tovah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Shanah Tovah
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:23:52 +0100

Obviously, we're all spread out all over the world so we can't do a conventional reading group thing. However, I think if we do this slowly we have the opportunity to make discussion archives which can be a useful point of reference for students of Hebrew. I was thinking we could do something like take a section at a time and discuss the vocabulary of each section with reference to forms, idiom, ancient translation traditions, theories about how best to translate etc.

What do you think?

James Christian

Quoting K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>:

I hadn’t thought of a system. In the past, I merely read the text, about an
hour a day, which in Genesis is about 3–5 chapters a day. With a group, how
would we work that out?
Anybody have any ideas?

Karl W. Randolph.