b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Where to read biblical Dead Sea Scroll

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'schmuel'" <schmuel AT nyc.rr.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Where to read biblical Dead Sea Scroll
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 15:11:59 -0400

The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible by Abegg, Flint & Ulrich is a translation of all
Biblical parts of the DSS. The footnotes call out differences with MT and
LXX.

Fred Miller's site recommended by Steven Avery is invaluable for Isaiah.
Fred has identified the line and column number in the scroll for each verse.
The pictures of the DSS text are often not high enough quality for me to
discern all the letters though.

http://www.imj.org.il/shrine_center/Temple_article.html has the Great Isaiah
scroll and Temple scroll in high quality. If I can't be sure of all the
letters at Fred Miller's site, I'll use the column # and row # from Fred to
look it up here.

The free Online Bible s/w http://www.onlinebible.net/ has a free DSS module.
It is a translation. As best as I can tell, it only has Isaiah (no
Habakkuk), and the translation seems to be Fred Miller's.

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
And I say unto you my friends,
Be not afraid of them that kill the body,
and after that have no more that they can do.
But I will forewarn you whom you shall fear:
Fear Him, who after He has killed
has power to cast into hell.
Yea, I say unto you, Fear Him. (Lk 12:4-5)