b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Unicode?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ratson Naharadama <yahoo-arch AT heplist.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Unicode?
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 20:35:45 -0600

K. Randolph wrote:
> I would look at your mail server, some of them
> do not pass on unicode. The reason I am now
> with Gmail is for that very reason, that while my
> previous mail server could accept unicode,
> I couldn’t send unicode.

Nope, it wouldn't be my server. Additionally, I have used Unicode on other lists without issue. At this moment, I'm guessing it would be on the list-host side. But, I wouldn't be certain if it was a list wide setting, or if there is a personal setting for each member. If everyone saw my message as non-unicode, then I would initially guess: list wide. If only a few people, then there is probably a personal setting for each member (I may log in at some point, I guess, and see if there are any custom settings that I am able to tweak).

--
Ratson Naharädama
Denver, Colorado

  • Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Unicode?, Ratson Naharadama, 07/01/2009