b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew fonts on Linux systems

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Christopher Kimball <transcriber AT tanach.us>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew fonts on Linux systems
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:17:11 -0400

A future versions of the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex at

http://www.tanach.us/Tanach.xml

will allow the user to choose the Hebrew font. This should improve the rendering on Linux systems if the correct font is installed properly.

I'm testing the new version on SUSE Linux and have downloaded, apparently successfully, the Culmus font package from SourceForge. But I'm not getting the fonts to display in Firefox 3. I'm a babe in the Linux world and would appreciate OFF-LIST assistance in getting the fonts working.

Chris Kimball
West Redding, CT USA

  • [b-hebrew] Hebrew fonts on Linux systems, Christopher Kimball, 06/23/2009