b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms Commentary

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Phil Sumpter" <philsumpter AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms Commentary
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 23:39:14 +0200

Just to add my voice to the chorus, what I've read of Goldingay's commentary so far is very promising. I especially appreciate his theological sensitivity.

For what it's worth, my other favourite commentaries are Beat Weber's >Werkbuch Psalmen< for poetic structure and Hossfeld/Zenger's various commentaries for inter-psalter intertextuality (what a mouthful).

I'd love to know which commentary is best for text criticism. Briggs, perhaps?

Phil Sumpter

http://narrativeandontology.blogspot.com/

  • Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms Commentary, Phil Sumpter, 05/16/2009