b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is the Massoretic text reliable?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is the Massoretic text reliable?
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 04:35:14 -0400

Dear James,

There is really nothing new in what you have apparently just "discovered".
We've been discussing these issues on and off for years. What you really
should do is to read a few basic books on the formation and canonization of
the text of the Bible. Obviously, there are different opinions, else there
would be nothing to debate (and then what would we do?).

Please note, however: co-modirator George Athas has already called your
attention to the rule that requires all messages to be signed by the
writer's full name. He has also hinted that some of your recent posts are
not really on topic. If you do wish to engage this list in discussion of
Biblical Hebrew, please abide by the list rules.

Thank you

Yigal Levin
co-moderator, b-hebrew