b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] George Athas is arbitrary--Call for list consideration and response

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] George Athas is arbitrary--Call for list consideration and response
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:07:01 +0200

I want to agree with James' comments below and with those who have
already made mention of George's continued tolerance. I put Lloyd
Barr's e-mail address on ignore just after the first day of the
beginning of his overload of offensive posts. I have *never* placed a
B-Hebrew contributor on ignore, and I've been on this list for nearly
ten years now. I've never felt the need to simple NOT SEE what someone
was posting to the list. It's fine for me to delete an e-mail when it
isn't something that interests me. Dr. Barr's contributions were
something on a completely different level, and it was a real decision
for me to put his e-mail on block. So, I join those who have said that
George Athas's grace and patience should be lauded in respect to his
allowance of these posts to go out to the list. He has stood for the
opposite of censorship and intolerance of diverse opinions.

Not that I see Dr. Barr's comments at all (except when others reply to
him and quote his messages in their replies), but I would think the
much more appropriate call on the moderators would be to ask that he
be ejected from the list.

Respectfully,
Jason Hare
Rehovot, Israel