b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Moses wrote the Pentateuch?!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yohanan bin-Dawidh <yohanan.bin.dawidh AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Moses wrote the Pentateuch?!
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:02:23 -0600

Shalom Lloyd;

I think that it was Yohoshu'a bin-Nun that wrote of the death of Mosheh
bin-'Amram, still your attitude toward those that think that Mosheh
bin-'Amram might have prophetically written of his own death is somewhat ill
mannered. You speak down toward these people, claiming that such is merely a
desperate attempt at piety, and obviously must be wrong because it has long
been rejected by critical, mainstream scholarship. Mainstream scholarship is
far from having its faults, and merely because it rejects something does not
make something wrong per se. As stated, I think that Yohoshu'a bin-Nun is
who wrote of the death of Mosheh, but I hold know negative thoughts toward
those that do not, nor do I speak down toward those who do not, which is how
you e-mail comes across.

Yo*h*anan bin-Dawidh