b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, website

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, website
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:14:04 -0800

Eva:
We had a rather pitched discussion about the meaning of (WLM olam three
years ago this month, Nov. 2005. If I remember correctly, the majority
conclusion was that (WLM does not refer to "eternity" in the modern English
sense. So to start out, the author of the site is using an incorrect
understanding of the term.

Secondly, it looks as if the author is making some sort of theological
statement based on his idiosyncratic interpretation of the term. What
exactly that theological statement is, I'm not sure, all I can say for
certain that when I find people doing things like this, I tend towards
distrusting all of what they say.

Karl W. Randolph.