b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Lo-Ammi

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Doug Belot" <dbelot AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Lo-Ammi
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 07:08:01 +1000

Could you please inform me about the difference between Lo-Ammi , and
Lo-Ruhamah , and I am looking at Hos 1:6 , and Hos 1:9 there I see these
names , with a footnote of "no mercy" for Lo-Ruhamah and for Lo-Ammi , "Not
my people"

Then in Hos 2:1 I see , "say to your brethren "My people" which my NKJ tells
me is "Ammi" , no longer Lo-Ammi , and to your sisters , "Mercy is shown"

Hos 2:1 Say to your , 'My people",
and to your sisters , "Mercy is shown"

There is surely a connection to the previous two groups. Is the removal of
the word Lo changing this title to mean a move from rejection to acceptance ,
and is this then the two groups merged together , who are to tell their
mother , firstly Gomer , who I am told is Israel , that she is out , of
course from Hos 2:14-20 she is then restored as a bride .

I am not trying to cause a problem , I just need to know , I am a christian
and I believe that as Paul directed us to read Hos 1:11, which according to
him , is what "God also has previously said" in Rom 9:24 , and he sends us
to Hos 1:11 , but I need to know about the Hos 2:1 characters.

I do hope this is acceptable ,

doug belot