b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dawidh / Bath-sheva / Uriyah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dawidh / Bath-sheva / Uriyah
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 22:13:51 +0200

Dear Yohanan,

While this is an intersting and much-discussed question, I fail to see how linguistics can provide an answer. The "facts" as the text presents them, are fairly clear: David ordered Joab to make sure that Uriah was killed in battle. Whether this is to be considered murder, and whether David received his just deserts for the deed, is a question of values, law, faith; anything but linguistics.

Yigal Levin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yohanan bin-Dawidh" <yohanan.bin.dawidh AT gmail.com>